Saturday 7 January 2012

gaga, ooh la la!



Hey Everyone!

Sorry I haven't written a post for a while but I have been rather busy with uni and christmas and everything. So I thought it was about time I wrote a post, and what better to write about that my New Year's Eve costume!

So, as you may or may not have guessed I dressed up as Lady Gaga for NYE and absolutely loved creating this look as I have wanted to go to fancy dress as her for ages!! 


 

The Outfit
The dress was from a fancy dress shop in Leeds called Amazing Party Company and is actually called "Pop Diva" dress but it's perfect for Gaga because of the big triangular bits and hooped bits around the side, and the shiny silver "foil" look of course! This dress was extremely short so I wore some black sequined hot pants just incase! I think I bought the hotpants from Primark but it was a couple of years ago now! I paired the outfit with some black fishnet tights which were also from Amazing Party Company. You can't see on the picture but I wore my old faithful black wedges from Office with the outfit and they were so comfortable all night!!

The Makeup:
Skin
First I put a concealer over any blemishes, dark circles etc. to make the skin look more flawless. My faveourite concealer is MAC's Studiofix Concealer and I use the colour NW15. Then I used Studiofix Fluid Foundation by MAC in the colour NW15 all over my face and put on quite a bit more than usual as I wanted a really heavy coverage so that my skin looked as even as possible. To brighten up my face a bit I used a brightening cream on my cheeks, forehead, nose and chin - basically all the places where the light usually catches on your face. I then set my foundation using a powder, I use MAC's mineralise skinfinish powder in Medium. I brushed it all over my face using a large powder brush and also brushed it down my neck - we dont want any tide marks around our faces now! I then contoured my face using a bronzer underneath my cheekbones, around my temples, down the sides of my nose and under my jawline to create shadows on my face. 
Eyes and Lips:
First of all I filled in my eyebrows, slightly darker than usual, with a brown eyeshadow and a liner brush and extended them a bit further to the side than usual. I then covered my whole eyelid up to the brow and underneath the eye with Urban Decay's Primer Potion. This creates a base for the eyeshadow and allows more of the pigment to stay on the skin. I then covered the same area in a very light shimmery silver eyeshadow and put a darker silver just in the crease to contour the eye. I then lined the eyes using a black liquid eyeliner, creating a large wing at the outer edge and a small point at the inner edge. I then used Avon's supershock eyeliner on the waterline to make the eyes look really dark. After perfecting the eyeliner and making sure it was symmetrical, it was time to create the lightening bolt over one eye. I used a chunky pencil eyeliner to draw a triangle from just above the crease of the eye. I then drew a line from just above the inner edge of the oppasite eyebrow to the inner corner of the eye. From the same point above the oppasite eyebrow I drew a line to about 1.5cm from the corner of the mouth and connected that point the the middle of the lower eyeline. Then I drew a triangle from the outer half of the eye and made sure all the lines looked like they connected around the eye. I then filled the whole shape in so it was solid black and then covered it in silvery shimmery powder. Almost finished!! I then put a thin layer of mascara on the top lashes and a normal amount on the bottom ones and applied false eyelashes to the top lid. I usually use the Girls Aloud eyelashes by Nadine Coyle. For the finishing touch I covered my lips with a metallic silver eyeliner and a clear gloss for a futuristic look!

I hope you had a fabulous New Years Eve, I definately did! And I hope you enjoyed reading about my Lady Gaga look!













No comments:

Post a Comment